Help us bring people and businesses together
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. From big to small, from Adidas to ZenPark, our client base contains some of your favourite brands as well, we bet.
The Past, Present & Future
The Past : Uberall was founded in 2013 by David Federhen and Florian Hübner, two longtime friends with a vision to improve customer experience across the online and offline worlds. They created a platform that connected companies with local customers in the digital-first moment.
The Present : We're on a mission to empower businesses to thrive locally , and believe every business deserves success, regardless of size or location. Simply put, our location marketing platform exists to help our customers get found online and connect with customers through search, discovery, engagement, and conversion.
The Future :We're a growing company with a bright future, and our journey to become the global leader in location marketing is well underway. We have a passionate and diverse team, a comprehensive, intuitive platform, and a clear vision for the future. We're looking for talented and passionate people (like you \uD83D\uDC4B) to join us on our journey.
You and us
We are approaching 400 Uberallers, with 50+ different nationalities, who live and breathe our three core values: \uD83C\uDF35 GROW TOGETHER
- DEMONSTRATE PASSION & PERFORMANCE
✊ BE BOLD & DRIVE CHANGE
For our role as a Squad Lead Backend Engineer , we are looking for a people-oriented lead to complement the Analytics & Reporting Squad skillset. A combination of a strong technical background with a strong set of soft skills. Managing and leading a large squad (6 people) with a 60/40 split between coding and management and reporting directly to the Engineering Director.
If you want to gain some
Your Responsibilities :
- You will define the vision for your team members, support them in achieving their goals, and lead the team to hit product milestones on time and stable
- You will contribute as an engineer and member of the squad: write code, work on features and bugs, review others’ code, etc
- You will work closely with Product and Design to develop and implement complex new features and products, furthermore being engaged in feature discussions, product planning, collaboration across teams and departments
- You will have a high-level overview of the squad’s work and progress, identifying areas of improvement, mentoring squad members, and ensuring the squad works as a team toward a collective goal
- You will continuously monitor the engagement, happiness, and productivity of team members by providing constructive feedback regularly to support them to grow in their careers
- You will collaborate with other Squad Leads to continually define and enact best practices as a manager
- You are a role model embodying the cultural behaviours Uberall expects, seeing growth as mutually beneficial, being passionate about what you and your team are doing and not being afraid of change, seeing it as an opportunity rather than a threat
- You will be closely involved with the hiring process to ensure we find the right people for Uberall
Your Profile :
- You possess strong technical skills in data engineering, including experience with data pipelines, ETL processes, big data technologies, and data warehousing. Familiarity with Java, Scala, and relevant big data tools like Apache Spark
- You have a deep knowledge of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Clickhouse) and experience with tools such as Apache Airflow, AWS Data Pipelines, and messaging tools like Kafka, AWS SQS, etc
- You have the ability to lead, coach, and enhance team performance
- You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, including 2-3 years of experience in leading a team
- You are able to write complex SQL queries and understand the trade-offs in data warehousing and processing. Experience with OLTP and OLAP databases
- You have experience with cloud computing, containers, microservice architecture, and event-driven architectures. Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- You possess excellent communication skills to articulate technical designs and trade-offs. Strong leadership skills with the ability to balance business needs with technical considerations
- You are comfortable working in a multicultural, remote-first, and primarily asynchronous work environment. Familiar with agile methodologies
- You have experience in developing user-friendly dashboards, charts, reports, and data visualizations. Understanding of data quality assessments and ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
What we offer : \uD83D\uDC9C A mission with meaning and purpose At Uberall, we foster genuine connections between local businesses and people. Our diverse team allows us to win together with our partners, co-workers, and customers. Speak